1. The customer accepts that all results which fall into a scheme listed in the 'Registry Reporting' tab under 'Instructions and Information' will be made available to the specified registry for publication.
2. Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd shall provide testing services to the customer as described on the submission form in accordance with the terms and conditions described below. This constitutes a legally binding agreement between the customer and Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd.
3. Clients will pay in advance using either online payment or cheque, and cleared payment shall be required before the service is undertaken. Exceptions to this are where a contract is entered into in advance, in which case an invoice shall be issued post facto. Invoices shall be paid within 30 days of issue.
4. Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd shall store and process all samples sent by the customer with care and attention for so long as is required to perform the testing undertaken. All samples become the sole property of Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd, who shall have no obligation to return or subsequently store samples. Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd retains the right to dispose of remnant sample or utilise these for subsequent research.
5. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that he has the legal right to submit a sample from the animal in question. The customer accepts the responsibility of providing accurate information at the time of purchase; where there are inaccuracies, for example misspelling of names, Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd reserves the right to make additional administration charges to make corrections.
6. The customer accepts responsibility of providing a sample from the animal named on the sample bag; any inaccuracies resulting from failure in this respect are not the responsibility of Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd. In addition it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that he meets all requirements of his breed society or any other third party, such as having the sample taken and verified by a veterinary surgeon. The customer will not submit samples from animals known or suspected of carrying an infectious disease.
7. The customer must notify Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd in writing within 6 months of notification of test result any non-conformance. Failure to do so shall imply that the testing service and result has been accepted without qualification.
8. Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd warrants that the testing supplied will be in accordance with industry accepted standards and shall be performed with care and competence by suitably trained personnel. The customer understands that the test performed is limited to the specific mutation described, and that there may be other mutations which could cause the same or similar diseases and which are not covered in the testing protocol. Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies contained in any information obtained from third party sources. Warranty provided by Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd shall be restricted to either repeat of the testing with a new sample or refund.
9. Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd does not guarantee that any test result shall be issued within a specific timeframe; the suggested delivery times are meant only as a guide.
10. Test results shall only be issued to the ordering party.
11. All customer data shall be stored with due regard and with adherence to the Data Protection Act.
12. Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd may employ any sub-contractor to perform any of its duties under this agreement.
13. Force majeure: If Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd is unable to fulfil its role under this agreement as a result of force majeure – that is, an act, event or omission beyond the reasonable control of Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd, which includes the default of sub-contractors - reasonable efforts shall be employed to overcome the event, but Animal DNA Diagnostics Ltd will not be held liable for any delay or expense incurred to the customer.